UPDATE: The old Fastpass system is gone the way of the dinosaurs…Extinct! See my updated post on the new Fastpass + system here!
I have so many people ask me…what is a Fastpass?
Fastpass is a system used by Walt Disney World to help guests avoid long lines on the most popular rides. This is open to everyone in the park, not just resort guests.
Here is how it works:
- You arrive at a ride that offers Fastpass
- If the line is longer than you would like to wait (I recommend 30 minutes) you will go to the Fastpass kiosk near the entrance of the ride
- You feed your park pass into the machine and it will give you a Fastpass for a certain time (posted above the kiosks)
- You will need to have everyone’s park passes to get Fastpasses for the whole group
- You return to the ride within the time window posted on your Fastpass and enter the Fastpass line (not the standby line)
- Your wait will be significantly shorter than it would have been in standby
Things to Know:
- You have to return within your time window! With the old policy you could use it anytime after the initial time, but they are now enforcing the window of time.
- Make note of the return time. If you can’t make it, I would wait to get a FP at that ride.
- You can’t run around the park and get Fastpasses for everything at once! Only one at a time.
- The Fastpass will list a time when you can get your next Fastpass for a different ride
- Princess & Mickey Meet and Greets at Town Square Theatre have Fastpass. These fastpasses are not connected to the ride FP system at the moment. This could change but right now you can get a character FP and a ride FP at the same time.
Rides to Fastpass: (if wait is longer than 30 minutes) Most important in BOLD
- Space Mountain
- Winnie the Pooh
- Peter Pan
- Big Thunder Mountain
- Splash Mountain
- Jungle Cruise
- Buzz Lightyear’s Space Ranger Spin
- Stitch’s Great Escape
- Soarin’ (very important)
- Living with the Land
- Test Track (when it reopens)
- Mission: SPACE
- Toy Story (Very important!)
- Voyage of the Little Mermaid
- Tower of Terror
- Rock N Roller Coaster
- Star Tours
- Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular
- Kilimanjaro Safari
- Expedition Everest
- Kali River Rapids
- Primeval Whirl
- Tough to be a Bug