Who says Walt Disney World is for kids?! I would love to go without mine just once…doubtful but maybe someday! Part of the fun of a Disney vacation is to see you child’s face when they see Mickey and ride the tea cups. But, we adults would like to have a little fun too. I did a day at Epcot in college with some friends and I have to say it was a blast!
There are so many adult oriented things to do at Disney this post could go on forever, so I will give you a sampling of some.
- Spas: Saratoga Springs, Grand Floridian & Dolphin all have full service spas
- Dining: The list goes on and on, but I would definitely dine at Victoria & Alberts & California Grill if having an adult night. Really, any signature restaurants (except Cinderella’s Royal Table) is going to be geared more towards the adults
- Epcot: wander around the World Showcase and have a drink in every country. Ifyou can’t drink that fast, do one in every other country and then turn around.
- Epcot: If on Dining Plan, use your snacks and quick service credits to share a sampling of what the countries have to offer. My favs are Morocco, Japan, UK, & France.
- Food & Wine Festival: Runs September 28-November 12; You can use dining plan snack credits on the food samples
- Cirque Du Soleil – La Nouba: Who doesn’t love Cirque, located at Downtown Disney Westside
- Downtown Disney: The shops & restaurants here are a great place to go on a day you don’t have park tickets. There used to be a nightclub area (Pleasure Island) but it is currently under construction and everything but the restaurants is closed.
- Resort lounges: Do a monorail tour of the resort lounges at Contemporary, Grand Floridian & Polynesian.
- Hollywood Studios: Tune in Lounge is a cool bar connected to 50’s Prime Time Cafe. It is a good place to take a break and cool off.
- Boardwalk: If you get to Boardwalk after 6:30pm, you can just grab a piece of pizza & a beer and stroll along. You will encounter sword swallowers, magicians, jugglers, and other entertainers. There are also two over 21 clubs on the Boardwalk. Jellyrolls is a dueling piano bar & Atlantic Dance Hall is a nightclub with DJs.